Over $83K administered through Matching Grant Program
ABOUT THE MATCHING GRANT PROGRAM
The Racine County Matching Grant Program (MGP) was established to provide a means for small and medium-sized companies to obtain the professional services necessary for a strong foundation and growth, leading to jobs for Racine County residents. The dollars can be used for consulting, training or marketing.
One applicant, Plush Clothing owned by Yolanda Coleman (featured image), was awarded a grant to support the company’s digital advertising campaign.
The MGP is a reimbursement-based matching grant program up to $5,000 per business per year to support training costs and marketing consultants. RCEDC staff reviews each of the applications received to ensure the applicant meets the eligibility criteria identified below and works with the applicant, if requested, to complete an application.
- Located in Racine County
- For profit entity
- Been in operation for more than one continuous year (from the date of the first sale);
- Less than 200 employees at the Racine County location;
- Less than $25 million in gross annual US Sales;
- Manufacturer; or
- 51% owned by ethnic/racial minority; or
- 51% owned by a women; or
- 51% owned by a Veteran; or
- A manufacturing company recruited by RCEDC; or
- a Company enrolled in the RCEDC/RAMAC Living as a Leader program or the RCEDC CEO Roundtable;
- Working with one a Racine County partner organizations
- Current with real estate taxes and current with all other financial obligations and taxes
The data outlined below was presented to the Finance and Human Resource Committee at the Racine County Board meeting held on October 20, 2021. Through September 30, 2021, a total of $83,322 was approved for 26 small businesses throughout Racine County. The 26 small businesses approved employ 475.5 full time equivalent employees.
BREAKDOWN OF RACINE COUNTY COMMUNITIES
Roll over pie chart to identify the respective community
No Data Found
GRANT PROGRAM QUALIFIERS
No Data Found
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW - FOLLOW BLP
FINANCIAL UPDATES DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX