New Grant Program for Racine County Small Businesses
The HartBeat of Main Street Grant Program
ENDS ON AUGUST 23, 2020
This initiative, created by The Hartford Small Business Insurance and Main Street America, is designed to support brick-and-mortar businesses as they enter the next phases of reopening across the country, while also helping to revitalize and strengthen older and historic Main Street and commercial districts.
The program will fund solutions that help small businesses respond and adapt to the pandemic. As an applicant, you may apply for any amount between $5,000 and $15,000 USD. Final awards will be determined on a case by case basis.
- The Grantee must be a business entity in good standing in the state in which it was formed and the state in which it does business.
- The Grantee must operate a “brick-and-mortar” storefront since at least January 1, 2019 in an older or historic downtown, Main Street or Neighborhood Commercial District.
- The Grantee must employ less than 20 full time employees.
- The applicant must be an owner of the business.
- The applicant must be at least age 18 years or older.
- Physical improvements to business space to meet relevant reopening requirements implemented because of COVID-19;
- Equipment to comply with public health and safety guidelines (i.e., touchless payment methods, automatic door open sensors, or disposable menus);
- Fees associated with expanding the business to e-commerce sales;
- Other professional services, such as business plan modifications; and
- Rent, payroll, and other operating expenses.
- Feasibility of proposal
- Extent to which grant will help address an acute business need or help a business owner implement innovative solutions to address COVID-19-related challenges.
- Opportunity for other businesses to learn from work
- How the HartBeat grant will help improve the viability of business
- How the HartBeat grant might leverage additional funds
- Strength of letters of recommendation
Visit the Main Street website to learn how funds will be distributed, and how you can get started building your application.